Written by Shuvashis Das and published on https://medium.com/.
Installing garage doors on a slope where most of homeowner choose in order to make the most of their available space. There are a few things to keep in mind when installing a garage door on a slope, however. First, it is important to make sure that the door is level with the ground at the bottom of the slope.
This will ensure that the door opens and closes smoothly. Second, it is important to secure the door securely at the top of the slope. This will prevent the door from sliding down the slope and potentially causing damage. Finally, it is important to regularly check the door for any sign of wear or tear. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your garage door will function properly for years to come.
Installing Garage Doors on a Slope
A garage door serves as the main entry point for both residential and commercial buildings. These gadgets open and close hundreds of times each year, allowing you to leave your home or keep your business running smoothly. A garage door protects your family, house, personal possessions, and more, but only if the installation is tailored to your specific needs.
There is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” answer when it comes to garage doors. For safety and efficiency, residential and commercial structures require a custom-fit door. The state of Arizona is recognized for its properties with uneven slopes, and Dynamic Door Service provides new garage doors on uneven properties to home and business owners in Arizona.
Why Do Garage Doors Have Sloped Floors?
When purchasing a piece of property, you might find that the garage flooring is on a slight angle. While this seems out of the ordinary, sloped garages are fairly common in the Arizona area. Your home or business could have sloped flooring for several reasons including:
- Drainage for water/spills
- Architecture of building
- Cracks/separation of pavement
- Plumbing system placement
Sloped garages can help your residential or commercial space in the event of a flood. However, it is important to inspect your garage door regularly to ensure components complement the angle of your uneven slope. Paying close attention to the condition of your garage door is pivotal in determining the best route for maintenance, repairs, and replacements.
Signs You Need a Sloped Garage Door
We aim to inform our customers about the importance of garage door fitment. Even if the mechanical parts of your garage door system seem to function correctly, gaps between flooring and panels are areas of concern. No matter if you use garage space for work, leisure or storage, the following warning signs indicate you need the help of a professional garage door replacement and installation:
- Noticeable gaps: If you can see or stick fingers through the space between garage door panels and flooring, an uneven slope may be to blame. The technicians are happy to visit your site to inspect the angle of your flooring for a timely solution securing your home or business.
- Weather damage: Uneven garage flooring puts your home or business at risk of inclement weather. Gaps the size of a quarter or half a dollar are large enough for wind, rain, and runoff to flow through your garage.
- The appearance of rodents: Rodents are always in search of a safe place to hide. If you notice rodent droppings or bite marks, you require garage door services to seal gaps between flooring and panels.
- Attempted burglaries: Garage doors with gaps are easy targets for breaking. We help to improve the security of your home or business with custom installations for sloped floors.
- Doors off track: Uneven flooring puts pressure on garage door components if not configured to the proper angle, and it can cause them to get off track.
Garage Doors on a Slope
We take the time to inspect your residential or commercial garage doors to ensure components are functional and properly aligned. If your garage door does not shut all the way, our technicians search for the most cost-effective solutions to satisfy your lifestyle and applications. Whether we are installing a brand new garage door for your facility or are returning for maintenance services, no one sets garage doors on a slope as neatly as professional services.
Original post here https://shuvashisdasbd.medium.com/installing-garage-doors-on-a-slope-d5964973eff0.